LabXchange allows you to add a variety of content to your private library via your Dashboard, whether you are a Learner or an Educator. Content saved in this way cannot be found by searching, but it can be shared with other registered users by providing them with the URL (web address) directly. Read more about this in the Public and Private Content article.
After navigating to your Dashboard, click Add your own content and select the type of content you would like to upload or create.
When creating or editing content, remember that you need to complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*). You'll also need to consent to the LabXchange Terms of Service and Privacy Notice. You won't be able to add the content until all required fields are completed.
Some things to keep in mind for specific content types:
- Question sets are like a whole exam made of many individual questions. Be sure to create your individual questions first and then load them into a question set to share them all as a single activity.
- You can create a question directly on LabXchange. Currently, you can create three question types: multi-select (or multiple choice), short answer, and single select.
- Audio activities let you share streamable audio content such as podcasts.
- You can add a science article or classroom investigation as a case study.
- You can upload a PDF document.
- You can upload an image file.
- You can construct a personal narrative using the template provided.
- You can create a pathway using any combination of content from the LabXchange library or your own private library.
- You can enter text directly on LabXchange using the provided text editor.
- You can upload a YouTube or Vimeo video.