Struggling to log in can be a frustrating experience for anyone.
We have created this troubleshooting guide to help you check the necessary basics, and to reset your access permissions if you are not able to log in using the standard procedure. Note that this guide assumes you have already created a LabXchange account.
Please follow each step of this guide in order, even if you have already completed one of these steps before.
Confirm your account activation
If you are struggling to log in immediately after creating your account, you may have missed the activation email. This email should have been sent to the email address you used to create the account.
Please follow these steps to activate your account:
- Search your email inbox for an email titled "Action Required: Activate your edX account" from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Can't find the activation email? Read "Where's my activation email?" for further guidance.
- Open that email and select Activate Your Account. This will redirect you to https://www.edx.org
Log into your edX account
You will need to log into your edX account before you can log into LabXchange. Since you might not use these details very often you may not remember the password you used for your edX account. You can follow the steps below to re-set your edX password at any time:
- Go to https://courses.edx.org/login.
If you are already logged in, please sign out first.
- Use the Forgot password feature to reset your password. You will receive an email with further details explaining how to do this.
- Once you have reset your password, log in to edX with your account details.
Log into LabXchange
If you have logged into edX as part of the standard login procedure, your browser should automatically re-direct you to the LabXchange site to complete the process. The re-direct might fail if your network or security software prevents it. If that happens, please follow the next steps to complete your LabXchange login:
- Open a new tab and go to https://www.labxchange.org
- Select Log in from the upper right corner of the page, and then Get started further down the page.
First time logging in? You will be asked to enter your date of birth and whether you would like to create a Learner or an Educator account.
You should be logged in now.
If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact us and we can help you investigate further.