This guide explains how to create and save a Question in your private library. You can provide individual questions to registered learners via a link, or use them as part of a larger piece of content such as a Pathway.
Creating a Question
- Go to your dashboard and select Add new content from the My Content section.
- Select the Question content type.
- Select a question type from the available options: Multi Select, Short Answer, or Single Select.
- Enter a title for the question, then add the question itself and the possible answers into the appropriate fields.
For more information about the LabXchange text editor, please see the article for Creating and Editing a Text Asset.
Multi Select and Single Select questions are both multiple-choice. Single Select will only allow students to select a single answer, while Multi Select will allow for more than one answer to be selected.
Short Answer questions require students to enter their own answer, which must match the answer you have saved. As such, Short Answer questions should refer to something specific like a chemical or piece of laboratory equipment to avoid confusion.
Clicking Show advanced options will provide you with a selection of the following options depending on the type of question you have selected:
- Scoring (useful when creating question sets)
- Answer type (determines how multiple choice answers are displayed)
- Group Feedback
Scroll down further to edit the last optional details to your question such as the list of authors, subject tags, and featured image.
Your question is now complete and ready to be saved to your private Library.